PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LVO and 90m visual from cockpit A320 question.
Old 1st Dec 2018, 09:00
Stanley Eevil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FlightDetent
Pleasure, be assured my aggravation was not pointed at you. When I read the Co. manual for the first time, I couldn't make any sense of it. Reviewing it after an explanation was somewhat more successful.

The first part's RVR may only be replaced by an assessment for LVTO 400-150 m. The 90 m segment is a required characteristic for 150-125 m, and no replacing or substitution is allowed. Such has been the case for long decades, irrespective of the fact that many very large airlines have been teaching their pilots the nonsense of counting lights for ages.
I have been following this thread with great interest and one of my own areas of doubt was with TDZ RVR <150m and how to apply Table 1-A.
The single `*` at the head of the table in the RVR column (The reported RVR value representative of the initial part of the take-off run can be replaced by pilot assessment) could be interpreted as applying to all the cases given, including the 125m scenario?

Can you confirm then that it is not permitted (in a scenario where the RVR is, for example, 100/125/125) to line up and establish whether you can see, say, 8 or 9 RW centreline lights ahead of you thereby confirming that in `real terms` the RVR at the TDZ is indeed 125 m?
I am happy that you can`t line up and say: well I can see a 90m visual segment (6 lights) ahead so let`s go for it!