PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brexit and Licensing Options
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2018, 08:40
W Smith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's no need to doubt it, it's what it says on the CAA website.
I quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would I be able to continue operating EU-registered aircraft with a UK Part-FCL licence?

The European Commission has said that it would not recognise UK-issued Part-FCL licences.
To continue operating EU-registered aircraft, you may seek a licence validation from any EASA
Competent Authority, which would be valid for aircraft registered in any EASA Member State.
You cannot seek this until after the UK has formally withdrawn from the EU. We recommend that
you speak to the relevant NAA as soon as possible about the process for achieving a validation
of your UK issued Part-FCL licence.Alternatively, you may undertake a State of Licence Issue
transfer before 29 March 2019. This means transferring your licence from the UK to another
EASA member state.

When is the latest I could apply to transfer my licence to another EASA member state to get my
licence in time for 29 March 2019?

The CAA has no control over the issuance process of other EASA Member States, we therefore
recommend that you contact the proposed NAA directly on these matters.To enable the CAA time
to complete its part in the licence transfer process, the CAA advises that application forms from
the NAA need to be submitted to the CAA by January 1 2019. We will endeavour to transfer any
application received after this date, but the process may not be completed by 29 March 2019.

If I transfer my licence to another EASA member state can I be issued with a UK licence after
March 29, 2019?

Yes, this process is under review. Further advice will be added to this microsite when available.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you google "CAA EU EXIT" you will find the CAA's website that sets out their plans for a
'no deal' Brexit.

Well down that page - in the section "CAA preparation for a non-negotiated EU exit' - buried
in the text is a link to a 'microsite' that contains the information quoted above, and a lot more
besides. It is not exactly prominent - presumably because the CAA doesn't really want to become
irrelevant, which is what will happen if all the licence holders transfer to other countries and all the
companies transfer to EASA. Also, the warning about applying by 1st January implies the CAA
is worried about being overwhelmed by applications for licence transfer.

Elsewhere on their website it also says that the UK will continue to accept European licences and
certificates as valid in the UK for at least 2 years.

Last edited by W Smith; 1st Dec 2018 at 17:32. Reason: text out of window when displayed on forum