PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 1st Dec 2018, 05:59
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The announcement says the Oyster card will be extended to Luton Airport Parkway but makes no mention of Luton Airport meaning a paper ticket will still have to be bought for the bus link or combined journey.

I also wonder how seamless the Dart rail link will be and at what cost to passengers? With the council coughing up £225 million it won’t be cheap for a link that is used by less than 3 million passengers a year at the moment.

Yesterday the rail link from London was shut down with no services running out of St Pancras for many hours due to a signal fault. I had to pick my son up from Hitchin and found a massive line of passengers trying to get to the airport with no replacement bus service offered and an empty taxi rank. I saved the travel plans of 2 random unconnected women who accepted the offer of a lift to the mid term car park when their hands went up first. One made it with 45 minutes to spare but both only had hand luggage so should have been fine. I think most in that long queue were stuffed.

Last edited by LTNman; 1st Dec 2018 at 06:18.