PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS Ireland SAIL
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2018, 09:58
R1ddle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SAIL LHR

Reading the last two pages is hilarious....

For anyone considering joining:
Things have vastly improved. Hotels are now industry standard and T&C's are now pretty good. Still the only real problem is CAE who learn very slowly, but to be fair, every company has its managers that cause problems. Certainly in LHR the union is doing a good job of ensuring they abide by UK law - a major clause included in the contract.

Standards? Yes standards expected are high, but more than that, much more than that - you attitude is expected to be professional and positive. If you suggest that you are going to ignore SOP's you will find yourself some grief.

Brits vs Europeans? I can only express a view from the Brits side - yes many of us have not been used to flying with so many europeans, but really it only means OUR communication needs to be better and yes that takes effort - but can only serve to improve our stds as pilots.

SOP's are SOP's if you don't like a company's SOP's don't join, we all know BA has innovative SOP's but i doubt anyone would join and then actively say they won't follow them.

So pay very little attention to those vehemently moaning - it's not perfect, but I'd recommend it

Good luck to all