PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair-2
Thread: Loganair-2
View Single Post
Old 30th Nov 2018, 09:41
harriewillem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Takes out the popcorn and start watching the show

Originally Posted by mullac30
According to a Shetland News interview with the Chief Operations Officer at Loganair, the airline could be on the verge of placing an order for 20 ATR 42s, with delivery over the period of 2019-2024, (unless they are sourcing them second hand). I think this is the first time we've seen anything set in stone for fleet replacement, and would see the entire Saab 340/2000 fleet replaced by 2025.

My guess for the fleet composition in 2025:
- X2. BN e-Islander
- X3 DHC 6 400
- X4 ATR42F
- X16 ATR42S
- X5 ERJ135
- X10 ERJ145

Loganair could possibly reduce 7 basic fleet types down to 4.

Overall fleet size would be around 40 by my guess depending on the success of international services.
I am really sorry, but the airline of Scotland breaking into "new" markets is hardly a positive thing, W paterns and just some summer work... for me that are flags of warning...

Also as for any carrier going from "old" "owned" to new build fleet, on their fixed costs this will be such an increase, hope their variable cost will be lower... but fixed cost need to be paid evry month.. again again and again...

Do wish them best as tehy are a great outfit... to compare them with Highland Airways you cant I know, but they went out of the Highlands too to look for the promised land...