PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2018, 20:34
CONSO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lonewolf_50
PJ
It stands to reason that the maintenance crew won't go out and trouble shoot a problem that is not brought to their attention. Your point on "where's the write up?" will hopefully get answered in due course. It has me puzzled, given the detail provided in the A-SHOR report cited on page 21. (this refers to the previous flight)
One thing I found interesting on the timeline was what might have been some trouble shooting by the cockpit crew with the flaps, but that particular report points me toward a compound malfunction; you've got one problem making the pitch control a problem, and another problem presenting both pilots with confusing altitude information. (though if all that meant was "an ALT disagree alert" this might be a red herring).
THIS REPORT ??
http://knkt.dephub.go.id/knkt/ntsc_aviation/baru/pre/2018/2018%20-%20035%20-%20PK-LQP%20Preliminary%20Report.pdf
PAGE 22

The engineer performed flushing the left Pitot Air Data Module (ADM) and static ADM to rectify the IAS and ALT disagree followed by operation test on ground and found satisfied. The Feel Differential Pressure was rectified by performed cleaned electrical connector plug of elevator feel computer. The test on ground found the problem had been solved.
At 2320 UTC, (29 October 2018, 0620 LT) the aircraft departed from Jakarta using runway 25L and intended destination Pangkal Pinang. The DFDR recorded a difference between left and right Angle of Attack (AoA) of about 20° and continued until the end of recording. During rotation the left control column stick shaker activated and continued for most of the flight.

Last edited by T28B; 29th Nov 2018 at 22:13. Reason: fixed lazy formatting