PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanese trying to become a pilot
View Single Post
Old 29th Nov 2018, 07:55
Tendon Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you so much Mike Alfa!

1. I cannot get into Cathay because their cadets needs to hold HK permanent resident. I cannot join ANA as well because I was told by the department that they will not hire ex-ANA employee once they quit. I do not know how much that is true but that is what I was told. Even though I can apply, I still will have to face SPI test which I am not confident at all.

And you are definitely right about the employment. That is what I have been worrying about and thought about it backward. For Japan, all I can get from the USA is FAA and convert it to Japanese PPL and work my way up to Japanese CPL. Now that is costly too and I REALLY prefer to work overseas than here in Japan.

2. I have checked CAE and L3. They are sure good school and sure it will cost but, even though other's get a chance with the interview, what is my chance of getting a job in EU? Probably slim chances because I do not have any right to work there... So that is out of my list.

3. This last one if my only hope. Some of the people here were really nice enough to tell me that I can become a CFI and build hours in Canada and USA. But for USA I need F1 visa to work as a CFI and only some school give out F1 visa so looking into Canada for more opportunity instead.

The reason why I decided not to stay in Emirates Flight Academy is because the license and cost was part of the issue but the biggest one was employment. They straight up told me there is no guarantee that student will get a job from Emirates and flydubai and those two airlines was just interested in the program. Really no official talk about flight academy student joining the airlines.

Arigatougozaimasu Mike Alfa 179
Just doing a lot more search