PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mildenhall US air base personnel to move to Cotswolds by 2023
Old 29th Nov 2018, 01:00
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringHeeledJack
Maybe they can hold the RIAT at Mildenhall ;-)
i wish lol! Preferred the old Mildenhall Air Fete because it was run by the USAFE, reasonable price entry, great hosts.

Laughingly first few years I attended RIAT , wondered why US were not organising it as it’s their base alb it leased by MoD....be better burger vans, etc etc. Only as I started my career in the industry that the USAF hands over Fairford to the RIAt folks ( they have an office on base anyhow ) few months beforehand to do all the organising.

There are rumbles from the spotter community that RIAT viewing is being limited with likes of the OEMs taking space with chalets /hospitality suites. Also the spotter community and attendees also get into rows because of ladders in their way, obstructing of view and fighting for space close to runway.

Though never figured this one out, in US...military air shows are free entry as it’s their way of showing the taxpayer what they pay for... but here we pay....

Scampton was not that brilliant last year....paid RIAT prices and tbh apart from the RCAF CF188 on static and HHA....it was disappointing.

Cheers