PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanese trying to become a pilot
View Single Post
Old 28th Nov 2018, 21:22
me179

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Gambatte

Hi Tendon Pilot,

As I understand, you are still looking where to start your training. Let me give you some advices out of my own experience. Currently it is the best time for landing on a pilot job, compared to the resission few years ago and the desperate situation for new pilots at that time:

Start with this priority order:

1. Cadet Programs at Airlines which will sponsor your training (or partially sponsor it)... As I know, Cathay Pacific has one, ANA and JAL also for Japanese citizens. I know, you didnt pass at ANA, but can you apply again after a year?

The essential point here is not the training itself, but the the assured emplyment after the training. Try this website: https://www.flightdeckfriend.com/ it has an overview of the current programs world wide.

2. Reputed Schools with airlines reference.. Like some schools in Germany and the UK associate with major airlines like Lufthansa, Eurowings, British Airways or Easyjet. But here you should choose carefully, as you don't have the right to work in the US or the EU, but also you should supply the school with the sufficient funds for the training... For European airlines you should have a residency and work permit in Europe, not a visa for a short stay! So it is not worth the effort to do it in Europe. And who cares about the EASA license, if you are flying at a non EU operator!

3. Independent flight schools, and work on your hours towards your career from down the ladder till you land on a job at a local operator. Countries like the USA, AUS, and Canada do facilitate visas and work permits after the training to work as an FI or even at a local small operator to build up your hours.

But what I would like to know is why wont you start your training at Emirates school. You mentioned that you passed their assessment. If they will offer you a position at Emirates later on, then you can easily get a loan form the bank, that's not the big problem here. After you get employed you can easily pay it back. I think it has nothing to do with what kind of license, as you dont have a license yet. Banks will be happy to offer you the loan if you tell about the position at Emirates.

For more questions, just feel free to ask,
Anata gambarimas,
Gambate Tendon Pilot San

Mike Alfa 179