PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Regional Headhunting
View Single Post
Old 27th Nov 2018, 19:28
boofhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A Squared
It's interesting that your response is composed of little more than personal attacks. Particularly interesting considering that a quick look at my profile and a modicum of situational awareness would have tipped you off just how badly off base your accusations are. The current A/C type in particular should have been food for thought, though you don't seem inclined toward such. (hmmmm, who flies those? ... there's that outfit 4 buildings down from my office, and, and .... I can't really think of any other company operating that type ...hmmmm) The type prior was the DC-6. Close to a decade on that one ... Are you beginning to suspect how absurd your accusations are about Airbuses and uniforms? You should be. So, spare me your hubris about not having "experienced what aviation can offer" I doubt there's many places in Alaska that you've flown that I haven't. Do you have something other than personal attacks based on erroneous assumptions? It seems not.

No, you absolutely did not.

Translation: We want to own you, 24/7/365, we're not going to pay you a competitive wage, but we expect you to be grateful for this.

You really just can't understand why they're not lining up at your door, can you?

I did not mean to be personally insulting, I am speaking in general about an attitude rather than at a particular person. We have always paid at or close to the top and will pay individuals more if they offer more. However those people do not exist any longer. We pay what we need to get the best available, as does every other company. We are the only ones who do this type of flying exclusively so those who fly scheduled services have a different way to account for the time and hence pay. I would love to have an across the board pay increase but it seems that would not help much without putting us into bankruptcy, and the more offered, the more is demanded in this new world. Corporate and major airlines are the only ones who can magically fix everything with dollars.

Because we are on demand, we have to fly to meet that requirement and we cannot operate with fixed schedules or fixed duty times without increasing the number of pilots we have by maybe 50 percent and because we do not have enough pilots in the first place, this is impossible.

I have to work in the real world and I can tell you that it is bad and getting worse.