PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where did the 'Mayday fuel' statement come from?
Old 27th Nov 2018, 00:33
Nulli Secundus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nevertheless, & noting your response answers questions never asked, Dick Smith I put it to you again:

please explain to everyone your motive for your contradictory positions: 1. get out of aviation - quick! but, 2. Following my herein published correspondence with the Minister, can we begin discussions on fuel procedures in the industry? 3. Would I be correct to rule out self promotion and the maintenance of relevance in the public eye and the aviation community?

The advice to get out is not exclusively offered to business owners is it Dick? Its also to staff and its also offered to private individuals. Meanwhile, AOPA et al work tirelessly to gain members. More members means more influence and more influence means change! So by all means you can begin discussions that facilitate views on fuel/ operations/ safety etc. but at the same time you can't also drive people away from the industry. They are conflicting positions and they are inconsistent. You have to nail your colours to the mast and declare which position you truly believe, but you can't have both.

Choosing to not declare why you run two inconsistent positions means you should be challenge in regards to your motive. Want to lead, be prepared to be questioned!