PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Where did the 'Mayday fuel' statement come from?
Old 26th Nov 2018, 23:28
Dick Smith

Received 69 Likes on 28 Posts
Nulli Secundus, my statement in relation to getting out of aviation obviously does not refer to the major operators. They are making a fortune and the more general aviation is damaged, the more money they will make. Whether you put the word “Mayday” in front of a fuel requirement has no cost effect.

I can’t see why my thread is not consistent with my previous statements in relation to getting out of aviation.

From time to time I receive emails from people asking advice about what they should do with their aviation business and my advice at the present time is to get out. That is because I don’t see any light on the horizon in relation to reducing unnecessary costs. The fact that the statement “CASA must regard the safety of air navigation as the most important consideration” remains just shows how serious the problems are.

Until the Act is changed to reflect the truth I must admit I don’t see any light on the horizon.