PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2018, 20:50
bigjim99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd been thinking the same, the STK contracts up soon isn't it? Goodness knows what change of direction there has been in the boardroom at STK in recent times.

I think with the dash/ejet, you could expand the EIR offer to about 20 a/c flying Dublin to more marginal mainland Europe destinations.

​​​​​​The ATR isn't best suited to transatlantic feeder services, there has been many a story about lack of hold capacity.

Some frames could go into help BACF at LCY. With a carving knife to the rest of the bases and routes and with IAGs buying power, then I would think it would be possible to run the op profitably.

We could push the boat further if there has been any fall out with YW since WX merged with them. Having witnessed first hand the absolute diabolical EI/WX service going on at LCY - there are going to be some big falls out. I've never had such a bad experience with any airline.

The bigger question however is why? EIR runs very well at present, unless they are playing very hard knowing it would be one hell of a task to swap it all over. The UK side of it would provide very little feed for BA unless they have plans to open up, say a MAN TA hub? If they get pre-clearance facilities it might be a possible.

I think it is wrong of people to say that because something didn't work in the past wouldn't work in the future. EI commuter/regional is a testament to that. I'd love to see a BA regional.

Flying regularly NCL-EXT/SOU intra UK flights are a godsend. I couldn't imagine doing it regularly via train - nor could I afford to! There is space for a UK regional carrier but one that is well run and perhaps a little less ambitious to take over Europe.

Finally, everyone will be putting their name into the hat at this stage, if only to have a nose about in the financials.

Last edited by bigjim99; 26th Nov 2018 at 21:03.