PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2018, 15:35
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Planespeaking

You have been very quiet about night noise at LTN until it was caught out LTNMan, now suddenly because SEN is becoming busier you have come over all eco friendly. By the way I understand SEN is well within it's legal night movement limits.

You have no idea what campaigns and committees I sit on or what battles I have had over the table with officials. Being legal does not make it right so I would support residents rights to protest as no doubt like Luton the council just ignored them and set a figure that they thought the airport would never reach. I can understand why the plane spotters here can't see a bigger picture and probably don't really care but can anyone find the airport's noise contour maps. I can't find any which suggests there isn't any so are there forces trying to bury bad news seeing there are homes that sit between the approach lights. As a way of comparison this is Luton's so lets play spot the homes within the contour lines. What looks like homes to the west of the runway is in the main a business park.