PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2018, 13:21
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mik3bravo
Are SEN operating outside of their planning approval hours of operations? If so, then to what extent: infrequently, or becoming an increasing trend on a daily or weekly basis? Any data available to illustrate the factual position of movements outside approved hours of normal business operations?
The Section 106 agreement which formed part of the runway extension planning consent permits a maximum of 120 night period movements per month. I believe that diversions are not included in that number but delayed scheduled flights are. Since June this year when the LTN restrictions came in I don't think that quota has ever been exceeded, although it is permissible to do so as long as any additional movements above 120 are deducted from the next month's quota, but it has probably come close to being fully used. Recently night bizjet activity has picked up again but not to the extent it was in the summer.

LTNman
I'm surprised at your apparent sudden conversion to the environmental cause but I assume you will now be campaigning fro LTN's night quota to be reduced to at least the levels at SEN to prevent annoyance to local residents. By the way, what is the LTN night movement quota number currently? SEN also operates a preferred runway policy with all possible departures being on 05 and arrivals on 23, thus keeping the flight paths away from built-up residential areas.