PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Injury during aborted landing
View Single Post
Old 26th Nov 2018, 12:13
cooperplace

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by k2neno
Thanks for questions and comments.
i will try to explain more detailed that event. In a first landing attempt airplaine hit a runnaway just with a right main gear. I had a seat in a 12 row (a 320, 12c seat, 12 row, seat near corridor), appx 3 m from right main gear. I didn't seat 100% straight, body was leaning toward right side as a armrest is to low for me (i am 186 cm tall). Plane start to drift with a nose to the right side than after a seconds pilot pull the plane back in the air. in a moment of impact i felt a sharp pain in lower back and left glutes. Guy in a 13 row (on my back) was alone in a row , sleeping , laying on all 3 seats without safety belt. In a moment of impact he flew in the air up to headrests. Plane landed after second attempt. I didn't ask immediatley for medical help as a stress from a event covered level of pain. Next days pain start to be worse and i was send by my doctor to a MRI. Result L1 to S1, 5 discs injured, over 10 month on recovery and doctor say i will need another half year to fully recover.
if the plane didn't do a hard enough landing to need an inspection, it's v hard to see how your story can stand up.