PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAUS shares aircraft owner details with airport operators
Old 26th Nov 2018, 04:38
MagnumPI

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by KRviator
I do not mind paying my fair share of landing fees - but when you look at the local airport charging $275.00 for an hour of circuits (No, I didn't misplace the decimal point) for my <600Kg RAAus-registered RV, then I'm going to have an issue with RAAus passing on my details. I note the entry for Warnervale Airport on AvData's page does not align to what Council says they will charge, either...AvData says $7.50 exc-GST (per landing, so still $82.50/hour), but Council says $27.50 and the local aero club (who operate the field for Council) say it is $15.50 per landing...
I just wanted to correct you on a few important points.

The Central Coast Aero Club does not operate/manage the Central Coast Airport. Per ERSA, the AD OPR is Central Coast Council.
The Central Coast Aero Club continues to strongly oppose the current landing fee structure imposed by Central Coast Council and has done so ever since it was introduced.
The landing fees charged by Central Coast Council for local non-Aero Club aircraft is charged per 20 minute block, and per landing for itinerant aircraft.

It wouldn't be appropriate for me to comment any further but I don't think it is fair to suggest that the Central Coast Aero Club has done anything other than try to promote aviation through safe flight training and community events, unfortunately our hands are tied when it comes to certain Council matters...