PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Injury during aborted landing
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2018, 23:33
dastocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Dare
I always sit looking forward with belt very tight for both take off and landing for just this reason. I expect I’m unusual in this though. I even place my feet such that I won’t be injured if we stop quickly. I also wonder how the brace position would work out for someone as tall as me.

Parts of the K2neo story do sound a bit tall though.
... and it will be necessary to show that the incident occurred as a result of negligence on the part of the handling crew rather than, for example, an unexpected gust or turbulence. On the evidence presented so far there was a) no damage to the aircraft and b) no injuries sustained by other passengers.

There are people around who will spend the rest of their lives in a wheelchair simply because they weren't wearing a seatbelt when the aircraft they were travelling on encountered severe turbulence whilst in the cruise. Even in such cases I think it's unlikely an airline would accept liability. This would be especially so if the airline can show that an injured passenger has chosen to ignore safety advice from the crew.