PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Avmed – In my opinion, a biased, intellectually dishonest regulator
Old 25th Nov 2018, 19:23
Clinton McKenzie

Received 245 Likes on 124 Posts
CASA’s response to my request that the delegate confirm, in writing, whether or not he will consider and review the substance of medical evidence submitted to CASA, and make actual risk assessments from time-to-time based on that evidence, during the specified 12 month period following the date of the emoblisation procedure:

Dear Clinton,

Further to your letter of 14 November 2018 and as previously advised , you may at any time submit further material and/or reports in support of the lifting of your suspension of your Class 2 medical certificate and CASA will give timely consideration to such material as and when received. The type of material which would be of greatest assistance is as set out in the direction letter - namely opinions from Dr Lalloo and Dr Mews dealing with the specific listed issues relevant to determining ongoing certification.
A reminder of what the delegate said in the decision letter:
Please be advised, CASA is unable to make a risk assessment of your fitness to return to flying until 12 months has elapsed following your embolisation procedure.
I think “give timely consideration” is CASA-speak for “presumptively ignore”.