PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 737MAX Stab Trim architecture
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2018, 16:57
gums

Received 55 Likes on 16 Posts
Salute all!

Wow. Looks like a quorum of folks that wanna discuss the tragedy and "contribute". You never know when a regulator type or investigator or airline type digests our theories and such, but it might help to prevent another tragedy.
=================================================
You all know my background from the public profile, but too many "pruners" are "cute" with location and profile, including some here, so I always question some comments and assertions and opinions and..... The AF447 tech discussion was extremely technical and most contributors had extensive aviation and even "a/c type" background.
I was the lowly light puke that had flown the first fully FBW plane in service that had zero mechanical back up, had negative static stablity, and extreme body rates, AoA and gee values seen on almost every flight. But the heavy folks accepted me as well as Machinbird, and we got along fine.
I also worked with the human interfaces of the U.S. military platforms as a system engineer for about 14 years, so many of my opinions are based on "what would I do?", "How can I go back to a known condition?" , etc. And 99% of my control and display work was to prepare, target and launch a weapon. So I had to take into account many aspects of the process to ensure safety and reliability at the same time. With two no **** combat tours and only getting "shot down" once ( semi-crash landing with no power), and approx 4,000 hours in 5 warplanes plus some trainers, I was blessed to see many aero principles in action and all the "gotchya's". So with my location and bio out there on the Pprune profile and this missal, you all know where I come from.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
Present views/opinons on next post.

Gums presents...