PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanese trying to become a pilot
View Single Post
Old 25th Nov 2018, 00:43
lee_apromise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-I recently went for pilot assessment and interview for Emirates Flight Training Academy and passed everything (Physics, Math, COMPASS test) but training cost was too high and I wouldn't get any license like EASA so gave up

Who the hell cares about EASA? It's not like EASA is more useful than other non-EASA licenses in non-EU countries.

I have been researching here and there, and still am but I just want some advice/help from fellow aviators out there on whether I have ANY chance of getting a job interview in any airlines overseas or even as a CFI. Or do I only have a chance in Japan?

One of many options are to go for F-1 visa route in US and get 1,500 hours as a CFI. Some US regionals are hiring F-1 visa holders. Whilst you are doing it, apply for a green card lottery next year.

I know that on the other thread, people were saying that JCAB only recognizes FAA PPL conversion and from there I have to work my way up to CPL in Japan to fly but just wondering if there is any opportunity to work overseas.

You can go to a flying school in Canada as well under a student visa. Once you complete CPL and FI rating, you get 2 years work permit. You can work in Canada as a pilot and once you reach 1450 hrs of working time (Pilot, Flight Instructor) including ground time, you can apply for Canadian PR as well. Then you can apply for jobs at Canadian regionals such as WestJet Encore, Jazz, SkyRegional or Porter etc etc.