PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying a share - What to look out for
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2018, 22:07
Maoraigh1

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
"It's all about the people. The most problematic aeroplanes will get sorted out by a good group, the best aeroplanes will deteriorate rapidly with a bad group."
YES!!! But 4 is a bad number. I'm in 2 Groups, one is about to go operational after almost 2 years, and a wing rebuild. But that was after 17 years of operating.
The other Group of four, new, splits 2 v 2, and the aircraft is grounded when it could be flying.
I wouldn't worry about guys using it a lot, as long as the hourly makes a profit. We had the money earned to get Mode S, 8..33, and rebuild the wing. And I wouldn't bother if someone is untidy.
I bought my share in an operating Group at the start of 1990, without any inspection of the aircraft - my own suspicions of the aircraft structure were overcome by the calculation I would break even if it lasted 7 months. But I knew the Group.
The kitty, the engine hours, and the fabric are your interests. If the Group is new, then everything is uncertain.
The second Group I'm in has not been operating for 6 months yet, and is unsettled, though with a good aircraft. We took our Inspector to check it before we bought it.
PS It is Mode S and 8.33 of course?

Last edited by Maoraigh1; 24th Nov 2018 at 22:10. Reason: Add