PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Japanese trying to become a pilot
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2018, 12:41
Tendon Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Japanese trying to become a pilot

Hi all.
So I am a 25 year old Japanese citizen living in Tokyo, trying to become a pilot overseas.

Little background about me:
-Born and raised here in Japan and was in American international school from elementary to high school
-Graduated university from America with an aerospace engineering degree
-worked for ANA as an aircraft mechanic mainly with Boeing aircraft
-I'm more comfortable speaking in English than Japanese (I'm fluent in English to the point that some people think I am from the States)
-I tried the jisa-yousei, Japanese cadet program, here in Japan but I always get weeded out at 1st stage (SPI Japanese Test)
-I recently went for pilot assessment and interview for Emirates Flight Training Academy and passed everything (Physics, Math, COMPASS test, Psychometric test) but training cost was too high and I wouldn't get any license like EASA so gave up
-This is nothing but flew 1.5 hours of Piper Warrior III in Buffalo, NY and 1 hour Piper Archer in Honolulu, HI.

I have been researching here and there, and still am but I just want some advice/help from fellow aviators out there on whether I have ANY chance of getting a job interview in any airlines overseas or even as a CFI. Or do I only have a chance in Japan?
I know that on the other thread, people were saying that JCAB only recognizes FAA PPL conversion and from there I have to work my way up to CPL in Japan to fly but just wondering if there is any opportunity to work overseas.

Last edited by Tendon Pilot; 26th Nov 2018 at 08:24.