PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WOW Airlines
Thread: WOW Airlines
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2018, 11:28
Krugerpark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Early Right
There are two scenarios.....
1. The deal goes through, which I seriously doubt, then up to 10 a/c will be axed from the purple fleet....
2. If not, WOW goes bust!
All contracts currently being advertised are pure fantasy, given the current state of WOW.
I do agree 100%
Unfortunately someone is still attempting to lure people to join with a “promise “ of unbeatable conditions.. (. But .....Hey... feel free to PM him, by all means...)
If fleet is truely downsizing do you expect they will retain on payroll newly hired pilots on local contract or contractors ?
Wow has a union issued Universal seniority list ( it means captain and first officer are all together, listed in order on DOJ basis, with a few exceptions....no comment) ; hence SHOULD they opt to go with it , things are a bit more articulated then what ones would expect...I am sure you can figure out the picture.

The real question to ask is ? Who benefits from hiring short term with exodus in progress, low seniority low pay scale pilots , on any capacity or contract?
Iceland air migth as well lay-off pilots....

Do yourself a favour: before taking a decision, do your homework and research on real terms and conditions and tax facts... and read the fine printing.

Good luck to all of us.