PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 24th Nov 2018, 06:47
jrmyl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by drop24
Well my dream has always been to live on an acreage or farm in rural Japan. That's too bad they don't offer employee parking. My wife's from Tokyo and would like to be back there. Narita would satisfy neither of us. I've spent a lot of time there on layovers and it didn't appeal to me much. I also sensed bit of an undercurrent of dislike of foreigners there that I imagine stems from all the aircrews and travelers coming and going. More so than in general Japan. Though they are usually too polite to let it show. I wonder if I lived in the sticks and drove into Narita if there is cheap parking available near the station so I could take the train from there?
From what I just learned a couple of days ago, there is parking available at the airport for a monthly fee of 11,000 yen. Don't know anything else about it. There are a couple of parking garages near the station in Narita that has a big sign on the outside saying 500 yen/day.

I really don't get the undercurrent of hatred here that you mentioned. Not sure what it was that you were sensing but I don't see it.