PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Probe launched as RAF NCO stars in blue movie
Old 24th Nov 2018, 05:56
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 119 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by langleybaston
This is apocryphal but it has come to me twice from different sources, many years ago.

A certain Group Captain , famous for his role in THE forecast of 1944, was saaid to be unwise enough to sit in the front in a dive in Hamburg soon after victory. The exhibish apparently made use of his hat as a prop.

As I say, apocryphal but it does lend spice to what otherwise has always seemed to me to be a strange story of "weather by committee"
I suppose a Group Captains hat is marginally more versatile that an O/Cpl armband, the latter being requisitioned, along with the wearer at the time, to enhance the performance of the lady artiste one evening at Bruggen.

Said wearer of the armband on the night was a far from unwilling volunteer however......sadly, his enthusiasm for furthering Anglo-German relationships as part of his otherwise boring duty that evening was somewhat misunderstood by those in authority the next day. It was probably "pure coincidence " his name appeared somewhat frequently for this duty for a while thereafter ......hence we thoughtfully used to ask what he was doing at the weekend in the gliding club bar mid week.