PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another A380 Woe?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2018, 23:58
tdracer

Received 180 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by RufusXS

Same question...seems high but on a per seat basis is it normal? Anybody here know?

The fancy First Class and Business Class seats are quite expensive - between $250k and $500k - each! Boeing final assembly started putting covers on them with a picture of new Lamborghini on the cover to help emphasize the value of what the machinists were handling...
I don't know what mix AF might be planning, but typically the A380 is being targeted at the higher end traveler so I'd expect the mix to be strongly biased to First and Business.
The Korean A380 I rode on a few years back had the entire upper deck Business Class - 94 fancy lie-flat seats. At $250k per seat that's over $20 million just on the upper deck...

Easy to believe that the F&F suppliers are probably the most profitable companies in avaiation.....
I don't know how profitable they are, but I do know that the certification costs for interior components is massive. Not only do they have to show compliance for all those regulations, but operators rarely buy 'off the shelf' - especially for the First and Business class stuff - they want their interiors to be unique.