PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Career Changer Speaks
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2018, 23:08
MikeAlpha320

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive seen this posted on several online platforms and the responses - especially from pilots - surprise and disappoint me. What has he actually said that is so wrong? I agree that his 99.9% comment was somewhat misplaced but I'm sure we've all said things that we may later on regret. Never flew with Simon but know several that did. Pragmatic and thoroughly decent bloke by all accounts- so 'for the sake of his first officers' I find pretty unnecessary. Good on him for going against the grain and leaving BA. Until you have been there and flown BA SH LHR rosters don't comment on flying ' 4 days in a row'. Fly for any UK SH company and you'll know that isn't the case. Wasn't his video just his opinion? Wasn't it just him trying to show that you don't have to continue in a job you aren't happy in?

Social media is a free-for-all. BA have smart pilots now that are encouraged to use it. They post with input from BA- did they put 120k of their parents money into something just 'for likes and followers' as well?. Social media is part of everything we do, like it or not. Its effects are both positive and negative, but that isn't a discussion for here. The world has moved on and youtube/facebook/instagram/twitter form a huge part of people's lives.

We should all know how tough flying can be on us. Be it health/family e.t.c so why when someone paints a fairly accurate story do we jump on him? Suppose it ruins the stories of the 'great lifestyle' e.t.c we all like to tell our friends/family.

Good luck to him. I hope the move works out and he finds the new role a bit more fulfilling. A bit of decency and unity might go a long way in stopping the race to the bottom, especially at BA.