PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesian aircraft missing off Jakarta
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2018, 13:50
wiedehopf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FiveGirlKit
  • 2 AoA probes have the same fault - the one replaced and the one fitted (unlikely, but not impossible)
Actually as far as i know the AoA probe replacement was carried out not before the accident flight but prior to the previous flight.

I have not yet seen FDR data from the flights that triggered the replacement i would assume they are uninteresting with no or minor AoA disagree otherwise they would have been in the slides)

So no there were no 2 probes with the same fault, there was just no replacement or check done on the AoA sensor after the stick shaker went off or an entire sector.

b1lanc wrote:
This quote from Avherald on KNKT presentation to Parliament:
" On the previous flight from Denpasar to Jakarta the same problem existed, the automatic trim inputs however did not occur. The crew must have done something preventing the MCAS system producing the nose down trim inputs."
To me the FDR data looks like the crew disabled electric trim with the cutout switches.
This is actually quite clear because the trace for manual electric trim and automatic electric trim show nothing while the Trim Position changes.

Actually at the start of that flight the exact same problem occured and you can see the same "fight" between the pilots using electric trim vs the MCAS system.
I'm sure it's just a unlucky choice of words over at the avherald and will most likely soon be corrected.
He probably meant that the automatic trim inputs no longer occured after the crew used the CUTOUT switches or disabled the computer system producing the MCAS trim inputs.