PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-22 Prang at NAS Fallon, Nevada
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2018, 05:57
Bob Viking

Received 553 Likes on 151 Posts
BigDotStu

Thankyou. I thought I was going mad but I’m glad somebody else has finally understood my point.

Beardy you say you are an ex FJ QFI but now an airline guy. Think back to your time on FJs and apply what you now know about FDR monitoring.

Imagine yourself on a FJ unit with a jet that has more performance than virtually any other aircraft ever made. Imagine you have an FDR that monitors every known parameter and you are the guy who is responsible for deciding what parameters to specifically monitor. Can you honestly say you would have thought to monitor rotate speeds?

I’m an experienced guy and quite possibly the kind of guy that might have been responsible for setting parameters. I wouldn’t have thought of it.

On most FJs someone (probably a QFI) would have been responsible for trawling the ODM and devising a list of SOP rotate speeds, Vstops etc for various aircraft fits, temperatures and altitudes.

Would you, as the QFI, then suspect that your Sqn mates were routinely ignoring the rotate speed that you had so kindly calculated?

Anyway, in the absence of a crowd of people who can see my point I am starting to sound like a stuck record.

BV