PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A Career Changer Speaks
View Single Post
Old 23rd Nov 2018, 00:25
SSDK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm. Quite interesting to see and hear the reasons why the BA captain left his career in aviation. I think we all experience low periods in our careers from time to time. However, I feel like the whole "I want to make a difference" argument is very much a product of the times we live in. Everyone thinks they are special, and destined for something "more". Wish him all the best in the future, and good luck. With that said... He is in for a VERY long struggle uphill if he thinks he can be a programmer and succeed at it. Especially making apps. EVERYTHING is outsourced to china, eastern europe and india these days. The race to the bottom has already happened in most parts of that industry. I have a degree close to that as well, and most of the guys I know struggle to keep or get a good job. Also, Programming is very repetitive after a few short years if you are building software by demand. I really hope he has something completely new to bring to the table! I wonder why he went cold turkey on it? I would think part time is possible in BA? We even have that in LOCO's. Anyways, no real "judging" here- we are all fulfilled by different things. It just seems like he could have slowly progressed into his next endeavour a bit less abrupt?