PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dundee-2
Thread: Dundee-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2018, 20:23
ld0595

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a huge amount going on at Dundee these days, although the Stansted service now has a codeshare with Emirates which is good news. I note that the Stansted PSO will be up in March, so hopefully this will be renewed. Could we see Loganair will moving to Southend given that they will be flying there from Carlisle? (If that ever goes ahead!) Though of course, this would impact on the EK codeshare.

I note that the Tay Cities deal has included a £9.5 million investment in and around the airport. https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news...of-investment/
£9.5 million investment from the Scottish Government in and around Dundee Airport. Aimed at improving aviation facilities within the region, improving air traffic control modernisation, securing/marketing new routes and enhancing airport facilities to support passenger growth. Also includes consideration of the “opportunities arising from the Heathrow expansion”. .
I guess part of this will include funding for the next PSO, but could we see any additional investment? Would be good to enhance radar coverage to encourage Flybe to bring back the Amsterdam route if they improve their financial situation.