PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 22nd Nov 2018, 13:39
RVDT

Location: After all, what’s more important than proving to someone on the internet that they’re wrong? - Manson
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts
DB,

Your points are taken on board and I am no way influenced by what you have pointed out in the past.

Please appreciate that this conversation is a "forum" full of lurkers and listeners who may not appreciate that the information is not "factual".

I am a little concerned as to where you source your info and maybe it needs review.

The relevant point is the pumps getting switched off and the caption acknowledged which effectively removes it from page 1 of the CAD
That is inaccurate and false.

The CPDS CAD Page is divided into 3 columns - SYSTEM 1 - MISC - SYSTEM 2 - Transfer pumps are in the middle MISC column.

CAUTION messages are listed in the order in which they appear (oldest message on top). If CAUTION messages cannot be displayed on a single page, then '1 of 2', for instance, appears at the top in the central column to indicate that an additional page with CAUTION messages exists. This page can be selected with the SELECT pushbutton. After 15 seconds the system will automatically return to page 1. If a CAUTION message disappears, the corresponding position will remain empty for five seconds, then all the messages below will move up a position. When a new CAUTION message appears, all previously displayed CAUTION messages are deleted and a yellow bar flashes above and below the new CAUTION message. The annunciator MASTER CAUTION illuminates simultaneously on the instrument panel. The crew must confirm the CAUTION message(s) using the switch CDS/AUDIO RES located on the cyclic stick or the SELECT button on the CAD. In case of a CAD failure, the ENTER key on the VEMD must be pressed. The yellow bars are suppressed, all CAUTION messages are displayed in the order in which they appeared and the annunciator MASTER CAUTION extinguishes.
Be aware that you would need approximately 9 older and existing MISC Cautions for F PUMP FWD or F PUMP AFT to move to page 2.

The following CAUTION captions are possible in MISC.

XMSN CHIP
TRGB CHIP
XMSN OIL TEMP
XMSN OIL FILT
F PUMP AFT - always on with a non-operating pump
F PUMP FWD - always on with a non-operating pump.

EPU DOOR - Ground only
BAT DISCON - Not likely
EXT POWER - Ground only

There are 3 advisories in green that I can think of -
AIR COND
PITOT HEAT
SEARCHLIGHT

Advisories remain below cautions in the list.

The above list is not complete and may vary accordingly with options and software version and my memory.

DB - with due respect where are you getting the false information?

And further to Sids comments who beat me to it - PRIME PUMP 1 and PRIME PUMP 2 would NOT be in MISC column.