PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2018, 07:22
wowzz

Received 96 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1

I don’t really get this. Surely you would want choice? And if you’re a one destination man what makes your need to reach Alicante more deserving than someone else’s need for Prague? A range of destinations, high pax numbers and a good experience aren’t mutually exclusive.

If if you’re in STN’s catchment perhaps give Southend a try. It sounds like the perfect option for you. No bus to the car park. Easy security. Few shops. Lots of seats. Granted EasyJet charge more for Alicante than Ryanair do at STN and Rennes is more expensive than Riga but you get what you pay for.
I perhaps phrased my objection wrongly. Daz was implying that STN was successful due to the large number of destinations it served. I would agree with that, but only if the airport has the infra structure to support the amount of passengers that all these destinations generate. I also agree with you that a range of destinations, high pax numbers and a good experience should not be mutually exclusive. Unfortunately, that is not the case at STN, where the experience is anything but great!
Until STN has the facilities to support the undoubted enormous growth in pax numbers I will continue to avoid it, and use SEN, LGW, BHX amy my all time favourite, DSA

Last edited by wowzz; 22nd Nov 2018 at 07:44.