PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So you need a new fleet Leigh?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Nov 2018, 03:28
Veruka Salt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AerialPerspective,

With respect; are you willing to back up your statement "I'm yet to see an Airbus product of ANY model that has flown anywhere near 20 years, bar maybe a few older A320s"?
We (and our subsidiary) operate quite a few A330s over 20 years old - including the first 2 built. Until recently, we also operated even older A340s. IIRC, your first A330 (-EBA) was delivered in Jan 2003. Almost 16 years ago.

We also operate 748s (freighters) - their economics aren't particularly great, although they do make a great freighter - hence why so few -8is have been ordered, and certainly none by us. They too have had their share of technical issues, particularly around their GENX engines. We previously operated a large fleet of -400s (and 200 & 300 series Classics before that).

I've flown 2 x Boeing widebody types, and now 4 x widebody Airbus ones. Both manufacturers make great machines, although as someone recently remarked to me: "With the A350, Airbus has finally made a Boeing, whilst with the 787, Boeing has finally made an Airbus). Says it all.

VS.