PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Avmed – In my opinion, a biased, intellectually dishonest regulator
Old 21st Nov 2018, 21:04
Aussie Bob

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
I am so sorry to read all this Clinton. For a private pilot there should be only two considerations when issuing a medical:
Is the pilot likely to die or become incapacitated at the controls?
Is the pilot a suicide risk?
It would seem in this age of stifling bureaucratic intervention that simplicity is never a consideration. Folk, in particular Australians are more at home offering restriction,writing legislation and being afraid of litigation. The phrase “arse covering” is on everyone’s lips, even in this very thread but the statement in truth is corrected simply by wearing trousers.

The solution of course is civil disobedience on a grand scale but bureaucracy has covered its own arse here by keeping the majority of Australians a pay check or two away from bankruptcy and keeping the disinterest in and disenfranchisement with politics alive. It is no longer possible to even keep the bastards remotely honest. Getting a politician to take an interest in a personal case like Clinton’s was once possible, now it is a thing of the past.

On my travels around this country I occasionally come across folk without medical and/or current flight reviews and even operating aircraft without current maintenance releases. I don’t really need to ponder why this is happening.