PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-22 Prang at NAS Fallon, Nevada
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2018, 18:18
Onceapilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bob Viking
A fair question. Apparently I do not perceive it in the same way you do! I’m more than happy to be educated.

Please explain how a trend of pilots rotating below the correct speed could have been caught with routine FDR scrutiny.

BV
Hi Bob,
The parameters that the operator (StanEval, QFI, Company Senior Pilot etc.. as decreed ) wish to have flagged-up are decided and programmed. The monitoring goes along recording all parameters and every flight goes into the system record. The records are all routinely and automatically trawled and a print or electronic copy of the trends and levels is produced at whatever period is decreed (often, monthly), the monitoring agent (on the Sqn) then formally reviews the stats, reports, action a/r and signs off the file . The severity of the parameter thresholds is simply altered to achieve the level of alert required. For instance, if a G-Loc profile was worth watching for, a suitable threshold profile could be decided and tracked. Generally, there will be some thresholds that should imply remedial action before next flight and, it is possible to do that. However, the primary aim is really trend and performance monitoring.
Now Bob, I believe that you are a QFI? Can you not think of a way to use flight data monitoring to monitor early initiation of rotation and unstick ?

OAP

Last edited by Onceapilot; 21st Nov 2018 at 20:18. Reason: performance monitoring corrected me