PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2018, 16:52
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wowzz
Isn't the issue that people's perception of STN, which is of rude security personnel, expensive parking and meet and greet facilities, endless shops but no seats, scruffy toilets,etc are the same as reality. Perhaps MAG should try changing the actual airport experience, rather than trying to persuade pax that things are better than they actually are.
Where do I even start with a response.
Lets start by pointing out that MAG are installing a large seating area above the restaurant airside.
Also the toilets are cleaned on a regular basis throughout the day, I guess if you go in before it’s cleaned you could be disappointed, however if you visit immediately after a clean you will be pleasantly surprised.
Now lets get onto shops, Please tell me of any major international Airports that don’t have shops and restaurants after security. Regarding security personnel the same can be said for any airport, depending on what side of the bed your security person woke up on, my worst security experience was at SEN and I guarantee his working day was a lot easier than a poor agent at STN. Now let’s talk about parking - Really is it so much more than other London airports? Also let’s not forget the new multi story car parking is well underway and will provide yet another parking option.
Give it 3-4 years and you won’t recognise STN as it is today with a designated departure terminal with shoreline check-in end to end and a state of the art arrivals terminal.
Any thing else ?