PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Equiniti Pension Declaration
View Single Post
Old 21st Nov 2018, 16:21
ForcesPensionSociety

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by spannermonkey
I just received a letter from Equiniti today with a request for a declaration to be completed for address and contact details. Normally I don’t have a problem with such things; however, what annoyed me on this occasion was the warning, sorry ‘threat’ that if the declaration is not completed and submitted in 12 weeks, they would consider stopping pension payments, in which case payments would be held in trust until such time as they can confirm my ongoing entitlement.

My view is I served my time and the pension is the reward. It is not something to ever be subject to withhold, regardless if my actual address. The bank it is paid into has not changed, and likely never will as I live overseas. I know the letter was directed to Equniti by the MOD, so they are in this case just the messenger, which then actually makes it a little less acceptable in my view.

I am aware they need to ensure those in receipt of a pension are still alive and kicking as well as those who receive pension payments for their late spouses, but I could be anyone and my signature on a piece of paper and that of a 'witness' who really could be anyone does nothing to ensure any form of real validation I am who they think I am.

Am I just being hyper sensitive this morning, as I have not had second breakfast yet!

57mm is right. They are just checking you are still alive and they assume that if you don't respond about something as important as your pension within 12 weeks, you could well have died. It is a random thing - most people who live in UK will never see one.