PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radio Discipline
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2001, 01:11
flange lubricator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Chiglet

Please, please! Don't be under the impression that I am implying that Pilots are unprofessional.

Having the PRIVILEDGE of the jumpseat on my mate's 744 is in my book (not my trainspotting book) nothing short of awe inspiring.

The guys in seats 1A and 1B are the epitomy of professionalism. My trade could learn a great deal from the Pilot Profession.

I used to be a nervous flyer until I had a trip at the sharp end.

Now I just sit back, relax, and let the plane take the strain!

Saint-Ex

Sorry for being so abrupt.

As a qualified Train Driver in a suit I think I can speak with authority on the subject. No Driver EVER get's out of his or her bed in the morning with the intention of having a SPaD (Signal Passed at Danger). It is THE cardinal sin. It is also the worst feeling of your life (especially if you know that it's you who has f****d up)

My company (or any other) does not "allow" drivers to pass red signal and stop at the next. Though, unfortunately it does happen (very infrequently).

Like the Pilot, the Train Driver (in the UK) has his destiny in his own hands (literally). The days of widespread ATP (Automatic Train Protection) fittment are some way off.

Ever heard of Human Factors?

[ 12 October 2001: Message edited by: flange lubricator ]