PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth July 2004
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2003, 16:23
weselfluren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cheers for the insight LTR!

Now I can understand why there was no one to answer my query last friday - they were all down the pub watching the rugby, as they couldn't follow the updates on the web. Sure they were good guys and gals and took annual leave for it too.........

The staffing problem is a weird one. Not quite sure what the hold up is due to, but I do know that the lady who used to do it is on maternity leave, most of the staff are new to the job (seems like the majority of the kemble St. lot "left"), but the heads of HR are still there as far as I am aware (phillip james & andy hutchinson?) so I would have thought that the forward planning would not have suffered too much. After all, interviews only require a little bit of database management, 3 rooms, an interviewer and one of their "non-reacting" people to tick some boxes when you sit the personality test. Could this not be done at Hurn if Kemble St./Swanwick isn't available?

The wait and not knowing are what stink, as I can't make any plans regarding my future - that would be easier if I knew my position re:Nats. At the moment, my life is on hold, and all decisions I have to currently make weigh even more on my mind than they usually would. I know it'll all be worth it in the end though, even if BBC sport Web Site is banned on the swanwick system!

Cheers,
"slightly frustrated and annoyed now" WF

(added later - sorry for hijacking the thread! Most rude of me.....)