PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HeliOps 2019 Calendar Giveaway
View Single Post
Old 20th Nov 2018, 04:03
Decredenza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Ned for the generous calendar offer. Last year's one holds a very special place on the safety board at the office

As far as memorable moments go it could be the fact of having to park in the bus and stay in/near the helicopter for 8 long dreary boring stupid hours while the forestry crew trims the bushes under the powerline. The safety "experts" think this is the best way to go about creating a safe environment (in case someone gets an ow-ee the response time is 10 minutes faster) - little do they know the long day of doing nothing makes the pilots suicidal.

Or maybe its buying a house in a town I have been asked to move to and then two months later getting laid off.

Or maybe its flying the DMZ in Iraq and Kuwait for the UN with military observers from 31 different countries and having beers in the evening (in Iraq) with the Norwegian nurses.

Or maybe its flying through spectacular glaciated mountains with towering granite cliffs and spires right beside me.

Or maybe its getting good enough with a long line that I am able to put the hook in the outstretched hand of the powerline technician as he stands on the tower steel 150' off the ground with 500 kV in the wire below him.

Or maybe its realizing that I have been lucky enough to experience it all and have the ability to appreciate and share it with others who know of what I speak.

Thanks Ned.

Awesome project.