PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bournemouth-4
Thread: Bournemouth-4
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2018, 17:18
MARKEYD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The drop off fee i am afraid was the only thing that helped kept the airport active and substainable when Ryanair suddenly pulled the plug for 3 / 4 months during the winter period a few years ago now

There were days when there were no flights at all . Of course its not a perfect situation charging to drop customers off i absoultly agree on that one , but the airport has to make money its not a charity for Mother Teressa , and has bills to pay like every UK airport thses days
Who knows , if more flights and revenue come in then it could be possible they drop the charge a little ( it wont go away , thats for sure )
The airport is not blessed with transport links , never has been , and i would imagine the bus service is the next item to be looked at hopefully !!

Regarding the Sharm flights they started back in the hey day of summer 2010 with Thomson and did very well , operating throughout winter and summer until end of winter 2013 . The service re started very briefly in winter 2014 but only lasted for a very short season , loads dropped off and that was that