PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2018, 16:04
WHBM

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveReidUK
Are you suggesting that BA's UK domestics are profitable ?
If they weren't profitable they wouldn't do them. I think you know this

How the figures are represented is, of course, quite different. I can present you with figures which, on a straightforward accounting basis, show the BA Domestics as profitable. I can also present you with figures done on an equally straightforward basis which show they have lost considerable money for each of the last 45 years. What do you want me to show ? Despite all this, BA choose to let them absorb a substantial number of Heathrow slots which have great value.

I did once, in consecutive weeks, pay more on a BA Monday morning trip to Aberdeen than on a trip to Miami. Both in Y. The Aberdeen flight was fuller ...

A network carrier means what it says, it is the overall network which is the asset value; trying to salami slice it down and look at individual bits is, to an extent, a disconnected beancounting pastime.

A considerable part of how BMI lost so much is they were constrained by Star Alliance connecting passenger revenue splitting. It worked OK where you had the long haul, but BMI, uniquely short haul only in the alliance, were short changed by all the long haul carriers into Heathrow. That was a real loss.