PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it really all that bad
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2003, 14:45
freightboss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cape Town....

Fist off I would like to say thanks to all the real South Africans who at least have the decency to say something positive about our beautiful country.

GT, Rhodie et al, thanks guys.

Where are you John,

Yes, we do have our problems and yes so does every country in world. But YES, we also have the best of everything else, with Cap Town probably at the front.

I am not going to go into the details of what you can do and see where, I'll leave that up to you to sort out, after all its all part of the experience. But if you stay away from the type of places that you normally stay away from in the UK, you will most definitely be fine.

The positives:

Beer is cheap, steaks are cheap, fish and chips are cheap. Probably ,most important for a prospective aviator with pounds, flying is cheap.

You are welcome to come and explore our country, eat sleep and fly and enjoy the gifts of the Cape.

If you listen to all the negative posts, and decide to give it a miss on that basis, well: tough s**t.

Lastly, to all the guys (interesting that you guys are immenently the ones that ran away) that tend to bring up only the negatives, if you have nothing positive to say about my country - please do all South Africans the courtesy and SHUT UP...