PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus FMGS DIFRISP to DIFSRIP
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2018, 07:32
Nil further

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Llama Farmer

Your comment below is , with respect nonsense . One of the nicest features of the Airbus is the EOSID database is independent of the Secondary .In the event ECAM detects ENG FAIL .The EOSID in the Nav Database will appear as a TMPY flight plan REGARDLESS of what is in the secondary flight plan which can be inserted from the MCDU or flown around in heading . If there is a common waypoint in your SID and EOSID then NAV is immediately available and away you go .

The EOSID has NO relationship to the secondary unless you programme it to have an EOSID in it . If you don't the EOSID is always available when ECAM detects ENG FAIL .

This is one of the most mis-understood aspects of the Airbus FMGC , i have pointed this out to dozens if not hundreds of colleagues over the years .

Easy easy to check my thesis above .

On Ground , Delete secondary , select PLAN on your NAV display , look at departure airport end of the FLT PLN , low and behold .Yellow EOSID line .
Have explained this to countless TRI /TRE etc over the years as well .

"Yes.

If your emergency turn takes place at a set distance from a DME, or you are proceeding to a VOR/NDB or radial/distance to hold, then I am going to be putting that in the RadNav page. Especially if the SID doesn't require any hard tuning of navaids. Often the navaids auto-tuned in the box are not the ones you need for the EOSID.

Whilst it is in the secondary, and when the Bus loses an engine it should overlay the secondary onto your ND, I still would like raw data backup there ready. Just incase.

An EFATO, especially with a critical emergency turn is not the time to be relying on something with no redundancy because you've not set it up. (I've had in the sim in the past where the other guy has hit Delete Secondary instead of Activate Secondary. It wasn't a big deal because I was already following the raw data. It could have been a bigger deal if I hadn't though)"