PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2018, 05:01
Kurabawa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am stuck at a crossroad in life and I would appreciate some help or advice at this point of time.

A little history about me:
I applied for SQ back in April 2018 and got rejected at the preliminaries in May 2018. After that, I proceeded to apply for Scoot in May 2018 and got rejected at the Assessment Center in August 2018. After which, I went to get a non-aviation related job after getting my Degree in August 2018. After some considerations to getting a private CAAS CPL ME+IR with Frozen ATPL, I applied for L3 Airline Academy through Revion ground school. I am now waiting for my Class 1 medical before I sign the contract with Revion and L3 which my course begins in Jan 2019.

I have been to a pilot recruitment exhibition at Crowne Plaza recently and saw many jobless low hour pilots/cadets, some whom flown here specifically to attend the event. However, the event was recruiting for FOs and CAs mainly and many were left disappointed. After talking and getting to know some of them, it seems that there are too many low hour CPL holders and not enough jobs for them.

Current situation:
This is when it dawned on me that I have a high chance of being one of them after finishing my CAAS CPL course and now I have doubts enrolling in the program. I was hoping to re-apply for the SQ and Scoot cadet programs but I could only apply for Scoot in the next intake (Feb-Mar) onwards. As for SQ, it has been 6 months since my rejection but the application page when I log into my account, does not allow me to apply as it only shows that "You have applied on ##/May/2018". My friend, whom also got rejected in May 2018 at the aptitude test phase, faces the same problem as me.

The decision:
Should I,
A: Continue with my CAAS CPL in Jan 2019 and at the same time wait to apply for SQ and Scoot cadet program.

B: Postpone my CAAS CPL to Jul 2019 (Next intake) and wait to apply for SQ and Scoot cadet program.

C: Pull out from my CAAS CPL and solely focus on applying on cadet programs. (SQ, Scoot, Air Arabia, airBaltic, etc.)

I will be borrowing the amount of money for the CPL from my parents which they said are their retirement money.

I am wavering in committing to my CPL course now because of the amount of jobless CPL holders and I am unsure if in 2 years time when I complete it, would the situation be the same or will it be more beneficial.

I would appreciate any advice and reasoning. Thank you