PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police helicopter crashes onto Glasgow pub: final AAIB report
Old 18th Nov 2018, 15:50
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jayteeto
For all I write, I accept that Dave didn’t put the fuel in the right place and the EOL didn’t work. My argument is what is written about him post accident. If the fuel system gave him conflicting information (that was found on many many 135s post accident), then thereMAY be mitigating circumstances to his decision making process. So it’s not WHAT he did (no argument) it’s why?
Why is this really important?

So it doesn’t happen again................
Jayteeto. Reading the accident report and the subsequent event on another helicopter whereby the Red Warnings illuminated and there was still 40-50 kgs showing in the supply tanks I think you have a good point.
Dave may well have had sensible contents indications and the warnings did not make enough impact for him to make an earlier decision. Sadly, the underlying lesson is how we respond to the RED Low Fuel backstop warnings. As for the Auto....that could of been any one of us. The only thing we can do is get as much exposure to double OEI in the sim to try and improve our responses.