PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interpreting the orientation of the H letter to land on helidecks
Old 17th Nov 2018, 21:03
EESDL

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by RVDT
In other words, the approach and departure should be parallel to the long bits of the H.

Shore side I wouldn't bet on it so much as some of the markings could have been installed by the "who knew" brigade as posted here.

Making sure that there are no bits sticking up between you and the pad has served well so far!

I would be careful with slavishly following that one as there are plenty of old decks around that are not marked correctly!
And therein lies the problem - can we assume that once you noticed an anomaly that it was reported and rectified or that the authorities pursued the non-compliance.........
or was it just put down as ‘one of those things’ and the next guy or company which ‘wins’ the contract can sort it out?
Was only on the North Sea for 3-years and very surprised at the non-compliances that had been allowed to persist in a sector/industry which likes to think it sets the standards.
2-years spent off West Africa were ‘safer’ as you didn’t trust anyone to carry out their role properly so doubted everything from ATC to fuel checks and everything in between.
I’m assuming that all decks used by G-reg machines are marked correctly as we have a Helideck Certification Agency.
have to agree with you though - always check, never assume!