PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's your biggest gripe ?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2003, 09:21
getmeoutovga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O.K mate I'll make this easy for you as you don't seem to have the capacity to participate in a logical and coherant conversation. Tell me where I've said just because you have a C.P.L or A.T.P.L you deserve a job?? Far from the truth. I think we are running off on different tangents here buddy. What I am saying is if a pilot is required to work for X amount of time then he/she deserves to be renumerated accordingly. Even a apprentice in the 'real world' may earn $8 an hour in his first year. Now this apprentice is earning money- (as little as it may be) without any training what so ever. Then take a pilot who has trained and worked his arse of to get a CPL and by all acounts should be of a reasonable standard. What happens to him, he goes out gets a 'job' and could quite easily spend days on end of full time employment without recieving a single dollar!!

Again I'm not saying he/she deserves a job and I understand that they need to build experience and skills but we shouldn't expect people to work for free. There is no other industry in the country where such a practice would be allowed to occur.